Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Washington Wire - WSJ.com : Who Won the Democratic Debate?

Washington Wire - WSJ.com : Who Won the Democratic Debate?


I support Obama because in my opinion he is the Kennedy of our generation. He is a leader. He paints a vision of the future and inspires others to do better. I watch all the debates Republican and Democrats. I can’t wait to see them against each other, especially on the war of Irak. However, I think this election will be about “the enonomy stupid”. I have not heard one compelling argument from any candidate yet on how to improve our economy. I give the edge to Romney here, however, the populist view may prevail. The good news is that the President has little effect on monetary policy. Everyone is for tax breaks now but I don’t see more than a symbolic break. Republicans talk about cutting expenditures without any specifics, while having a troops surge, while Democrats talk about universal health care. That’s all good. Who is going to pay for it?
Comment by Carlos Erban - January 16, 2008 at 9:22 am

Carlos Erban,Obama is Kennedy? After graduating from Harvard Kennedy joined Navy and nearly died when Japanese sank his boat. What did Obama do after graduating from Harvard? Started building a fortune, living in a multi-million dollar home, and prepared to run for political offices. The only candidate who comes close to Kennedy is McCain.
Comment by AL - January 16, 2008 at 9:29 am

I agree that you cannot compare Obama to JFK on military experience, but has not been a draft since Vietnam. My father was a war hero, but Obama is from a new generation — my generation. He was 5 years old during Vietnam. By the way, JFK(my hero) was born with a silver spoon. Obama had nothing went on to Columbia and then became the first African American to be Editor of Harvard Law Review. I think Obama is the JFK of our generation because he is the only one that inspires others to do better. He talks about uniting people. I truly he believe that he would surround himself with the best people from all sides of the issues. That’s what we need in this country. Washington is so divided that they cannot get anything done.
Comment by Carlos Erban - January 16, 2008 at 9:48 am

No comments: