Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Barack Obama : : Change We Can Believe In | His Own Words

Barack Obama : : Change We Can Believe In His Own Words

My reaction:
I am glad to be able to listen to whole speech and reach my own conclusions. Unfortunately, most people will form opinions based on what they hear from others. Last night, I was watching Hardball, the Factor, and Hannity & Colmes, and it was interesting to see almost both extreme views. On one hand, I heard it was the best speech on race since MLK on the other hand it seemed as if Obama embraced and defended Rev. Wright's outrageous and offensive comments. To the point where Sean Hannity kept saying that he believes that Obama agrees with Rev. Wright and implied if elected would be anti-American (in POV, code for sympathetic to terrorism). My father, who is well-educated and very informed, called me concerned about Obama's problem now with Rev. Wright. Unfortunately, many Independents who support Obama will never listen to his whole speech and may change their support. I think it is imperative that Obama continues to condemn Rev. Wright's remarks on every opportunity that he gets but also focuses on the urgent issues that we face today such as the war in Iraq and the Economy. It is clear that many opponents of Obama are looking for anything to destroy his chances of being elected and will continue to do so throughout the campaign.

No comments: