Friday, April 4, 2008

Jews and Obama: Tolerating misinformation - Howard Salter - Politico.com

Jews and Obama: Tolerating misinformation - Howard Salter - Politico.com
I get these e-mails almost daily as well. I got into a big argument the other day with a neighbor who kept saying that Obama is a Muslim and hates all Jews. Unfortunately, most of my neighbors (older Jewish retired) seemed to believe the same. I yelled at her. He is not a Muslim, and if he were a Muslim what's the problem? She kept on going that he went to a Madrassa school. (I did some research, and Obama went to a school in Indonesia at age 11, where most students are Muslim but there are many Christians as well, and it is open to all faiths -- of course most Indonesians are Muslim so you would expect the school to have most Muslims. My elementary school was 99% Catholic, which did not make me Catholic. The big problem with all this propaganda is that it creates more hatred from many Jews against all Muslims and blacks. As a son of Holocaust survivor, who lectures students every week about how Jews were singled out and most did not care when they were sent to concentration camps, it hurts me to see Jews descriminating against Muslims and blacks. I am a big believer that racism is driven by ignorance and insecurity. Let's be honest. The issue for some Jews is that he is a for many a "schwartze". I am a big supporter of Obama, and I hope he wins. Do not tolerate racist remarks for the good of humanity.

Carlos Erban

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.