Monday, November 17, 2008

How Better Marketing Elected Barack Obama - John Quelch

How Better Marketing Elected Barack Obama - John Quelch

my comments:
I agree with you. I sent an non-political e-mail to our sales force about a year ago using the Obama's internet campaign as "best practices" for selling to our clients. I get 2-3 e-mails per day which provided new information ("product news") and a reason to donate more money ("selling"). This extended to facebook and so on. It also allowed to import all your contacts to send them pre-written messages to support the campaign. Finally, all donors and volunteers received a thank you note prior to his Grant Park speech which ended "But I want to be clear about one thing .. All this happened because of you. Thank you, Barack" His campaign should a case study on how to manage an successful enterprise (leadership, strategy, management, marketing, sales, and Finance.

Carlos

No comments: